New Student Resources
The departments and colleges at CSU feature a wide array of
water-related courses and
research, making CSU a great place for students with an interest in water.
“Familiarize yourself with the CSU water community by expanding the sections below.
- School of Global Environmental Sustainability – SoGES is meant to act as an umbrella organization for environmental education and research at CSU. The school currently endorses several courses and offers a minor course list.
- Graduate Degree Program in Ecology – CSU’s GDPE is one of the leading U.S. graduate programs in ecology.
- Colorado Water Institute – Look here for research projects, publications, and more sponsored and organized by CWI, an organization that “focuses the water expertise of higher education on the evolving water concerns and problems being faced by Colorado citizens.”
CSU Water Faculty – Search over 140 faculty members that are considered water experts at CSU and find what classes they teach.
- Colorado State University
Extension – Water – This site provides information on water-related topics, like irrigation and conservation.
- Water Resources Archive – The WRA is in charge of collecting and archiving historic water documents, photos, and more from Colorado’s water history. A small percent of the documents are digitized and can be found on the website; more digitized copies are added regularly as the WRA receives funding to do so.
- Courses offered by the Water Center/CWI
Water Resources Seminar GRAD 592
. Sign up for the courses or drop by our office (Engineering, E102) and check the bulletin board outside – updated weekly – to see if any particular class interests you. Anyone is welcome to audit class sessions.
- Other Seminars
- “Water Minor” – organized by water experts at CSU. Water
Resources Interdisciplinary Studies Program (WRISP)
- Water-related courses at CSU
Annual Water Conferences and Workshops >>
- The Colorado Water Congress Annual Convention
- The Colorado Watershed
Assembly Annual Conference
- The Colorado Water Quality Association’s
Annual Conference and
- Hydrology Days – Hydrology Days is an important collaboration of the newest and latest water research, and it happens at CSU every year with awards presented for significant contributions to hydrology. Students are welcome to introduce research projects at the conference alongside scientists and professionals in water.
- The Colorado Water Workshop, held each year in Gunnison, is sponsored by UCOWR and NIWR. Different themes are chosen each year and everyone is welcome to attend.
- Arkansas River Basin Water Forum
- Ogallala Aquifer and Lower South Platte Symposiums
- South Platte Forum
American Water Resources Association Colorado Section Meeting
Local natural research centers/laboratories >>