- This event has passed.
Keystone’s Common Higher Ground Workshop
May 13, 2020 - May 14, 2020
Collaborative decision-making in the real world
Keystone’s Common Higher Ground Workshop helps professionals in all sectors develop strategies and build skills for effective decision-making and problem-solving within and beyond their organizations.
Many pressing problems cannot be solved sustainably by one person or party. The workshop is designed for leaders and emerging leaders who need to build a shared vision in the face of apparent differences, whether within a single organization, between organizations, within a community, or across society.
Participants will learn collaborative skills and strategies to increase effectiveness at reaching across silos, convening effective teams, and listening and responding to colleagues, constituents, communities, and other stakeholders. The workshop features learning and practice for each crucial stage of collaborative decision-making, and guides participants in building a toolkit of responses to difficult or sensitive situations.
By the end of this workshop, participants should:
- Feel confident in assessing whether a problem is appropriate for collaboration, and in discerning whose participation is necessary for success.
- Know how to prepare for a challenging discussion and be ready for a range of potential outcomes.
- Feel practiced at generating and refining options on the way to workable solutions.
- Have a toolkit of strategies to deal with difficult personalities and tactics, and to work through impasses and misunderstandings.
- Understand common breakdowns in communication and professional relationships and how to get them back on track.
Format: Two-Day Workshop
Location: Keystone, Colorado
Dates: May 13-14, 2020
- Day 1: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Day 2: 8:30am-3:00pm
Tuition: $800 ($550 for government, nonprofit, and academic)
For more information, contact Jonathan Geurts, email@example.com, (970) 760-0720
- May 13, 2020
- May 14, 2020