- This event has passed.
Nebraska Water Center 2021 Spring Seminar Series
March 3 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
The Nebraska Water Center (NWC), in partnership with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s School of Natural Resources, hosts its annual Spring Water Seminar Series. The series will focus on race, justice, and the environment and features Nebraska, national and international speakers. Each seminar will weave water issues into the larger picture. The series will be delivered virtually via Zoom at its regularly scheduled time of 3:30 p.m. every other Wednesday.
This year lecturers included:
- March 3 – Marty Matlock, Executive Director, University of Arkansas Resiliency Center; Chairman, Cherokee Nation Environmental Protection Commission
- March 17 – Rebeca de Jesús Crespo, Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Sciences, Louisiana State University
- March 31 – Bolat Uralbekov, Professor, Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Kazakhstan
- April 14 – Tribal Water Summit. Nebraska tribal youth will present on water topics as part of the summit and seminar series
- April 28 – Mónica Ramírez-Andreotta, Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Science, University of Arizona
- May 5 – Hank Miller, Math and Science Division Head, Nebraska Indian Community College; Martha Shulski, Nebraska State Climatologist, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- March 3
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm