State Of The River Meetings: Colorado River
March 31 @ 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
WHAT ARE STATE OF THE RIVER MEETINGS?
Every year, the Colorado River District works with its partners to host educational meetings about water issues in each river basin in the 15-county district.
At these meetings, you can enjoy free food and refreshments and learn more about the water we all rely on. Local experts present on how much water we expect to see in local rivers, ditches and reservoirs as well as up to date information about regional, statewide and local water issues.
If you’re interested in water as an irrigator, angler, boater or water provider, be sure to attend an upcoming event! We are actively planning State of the River events now. More details will be released about a State of the River in your area soon.
2020 State Of The River Meetings
Moffat County State of the River
Tuesday, March 31
Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion
640 E. Victory Way
Craig, CO 81625
4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Free agricultural water seminar
5:30 p.m. Free community dinner served
6 to 8 p.m. State of the River
• An outlook on our water supply – Andy Rossi, district engineer at Upper Yampa Water Conservancy District
• Protecting West Slope water in the face of an uncertain future – Andy Mueller, general manager of the Colorado River District
• Update from Division of Water Resources on measuring devices – Erin Light, Division 6 Engineer at the Colorado Division of Water Resources
• Update from the Yampa-White-Green Basin Roundtable – Alden Vanden Brink, chair of the Yampa-White-Green Basin Roundtable
• How you can participate in Yampa River planning – Geoff Blakeslee, Yampa River project director for the Nature Conservancy
• Recreation’s role in river planning – Lindsey Marlow, program manager for Friends of the Yampa
This event is co-sponsored by the Colorado River District, Community Agriculture Alliance, and Yampa White Green Basin Roundtable.
- March 31
4:30 pm - 8:00 pm