Water Sustainability in the Western U.S.
The CSU Water Center and the School of Global and Environmental Sustainability are pleased to offer a new introductory water course for the Fall 2018 semester. This three-credit course offers a multi-disciplinary overview of the issues surrounding the biggest challenges to the sustainability of life in the western U.S.
- The role that water plays in supporting human populations, agriculture, and wildlife
- The history of water development in the West
- The processes that govern water allocation
- How infrastructure allows water to be moved and used
- Challenges to the sustainability of water resources
- Population growth, climate change, and other impacts on water quality
Students from all disciplines are welcome. The only prerequisite is an interest in learning about this critical resource that has defined this part of the world and will shape its future.
Tuesday/Thursday from 11:00 AM – 12:15 PM
Instructor: Howard Ramsdell; Associate Professor in the Department of Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences, email@example.com