- This event has passed.
Consortium for Scenario Planning 2023 Conference
February 1 - February 3
The Consortium for Scenario Planning will host its sixth annual conference in person! Focused on new and current scenario planning projects, the three-day conference will showcase scenario planning work in the Southwest, with session recordings available to attendees afterward.
In the wake of a pandemic, extreme weather events, and economic instability, scenario planning continues to be an invaluable tool for cities and regions as they prepare for an uncertain future. Practitioners, consultants, and academics will present cutting-edge advances in the use of scenarios to address many trends affecting communities large and small. Conference sessions will be eligible for AICP Certification Maintenance credits.
Conference sessions will be:
- Plenary session: 2023 Trends for Planners (American Planning Association)
- Plenary session: The Future of Water (Babbitt Center for Land and Water Policy)
- Workshop Session: A Hands-on Introduction to Exploratory Scenario Planning (Lincoln Institute of Land Policy)
- Using Scenario Planning to Address Food Systems
- Scenario Planning in the Twin Cities (Metropolitan Council of St. Paul, MN)
- Scenario Planning for Equitable Revitalization and Climate Resilience (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Greater Ohio Policy Center)
- Exploring Restorative Justice for Lakeland Through Scenario Planning (University of Maryland)
- System Dynamics: Evaluating Transportation and Land Use Strategies Effectiveness (Southern California Association of Governments and WSP USA)
- Valley on Board: Toward a 20-year Vision for an Accessible, Equitable, Efficient Network for Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (University of Massachusetts, Amherst)
- Development of a Comprehensive Exploratory Scenario Planning Process and Tools for Richmond, Virginia (Richmond Regional Planning Commission)
- Just Futures: Building Equity and Displacement Analysis into Scenario Development (Cascadia Partners)
- Lessons from a Decade of Model-driven Scenario Planning by the National Center for Smart Growth
- Exploratory Scenario Planning: Model Assisted Engagement (Decision Center for a Desert City at Arizona State University)
Register today to reserve your space, and reserve a hotel room as soon as possible once you are registered. The registration fee is $300, but discounts are available (see the registration form for details).
Please share this opportunity with your colleagues and contact Heather Hannon, Associate Director of Planning Practice and Scenario Planning with questions.
Click HERE to register
- February 1
- February 3
- David C. Lincoln Conference Center
11010 N. Tatum Blvd. Suite D101
Phoenix,, AZ 85028 United States + Google Map