- This event has passed.
CSU Spur Completion Celebration & Hydro Ribbon Cutting
January 6 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join project leadership, local community, and fellow business professionals for an event to celebrate the Hydro building opening and the CSU Spur campus completion!
Ride the wave of excitement as we open the doors to Hydro, a building that showcases the importance of water to our livelihood and connects visitors with researchers and scientists conducting important work that will keep our water safe and available for the future.
Hydro is home to Denver Water’s new water quality lab, a 230-capacity theater space, our “backyard” space with connectivity to the South Platte River, interactive art and exhibits, artist studios, a café, event spaces, and more.
While you’re at the event, explore the full CSU Spur campus: Vida, Terra, and Hydro. All buildings will be open from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on event day, Friday, Jan. 6, 2023.
Things are flowing at Hydro
Hydro is Greek for water. Water is the source of all life, and as a headwaters state, Colorado’s water footprint impacts millions of people in multiple states and Mexico. Water flows much like culture — blurring physical barriers, creating life wherever it reaches, reaching far beyond its origins.
WHEN HYDRO OPENS IN JANUARY 2023, YOU’LL FIND:
- PreK-12 educational programs and exhibits
- Lab space for food and water professionals and entrepreneurs, “on-show” to the public
- Meeting space, indoor and outdoor event space, and a flexible theater with a capacity of up to 230 — all for Spur and for public and community use
- Physical connectivity to the restored South Platte River, and a backyard space demonstrating the concepts of headwaters and watersheds, specifically illustrating the South Platte River, Arkansas River, Rio Grande, and Colorado River basins
- Grey water catchment in the backyard space that will be used to flush toilets within Hydro
- A cafe featuring items with produce grown on-site
- Artist studios in the renovated McConnell building and leasable office spaces for water-focused NGOs and educational outlets
- The permanent home for the CSU Masters of Agribusiness and Food Innovation Management; the CSU Spur annual Water in the West Symposium; and the research location for CSU Spur BioBlitzes
- art installations, including works by Jason Bruges, Eric Tillinghast, Nikki Pike, and Anthony Garcia, Sr. of Globeville’s Birdseed Collective
Click HERE to RSVP
- January 6
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm