2020 Faculty Water Research Grant Program
For the 2020 research competition, the CoWC External Advisory Committee has identified needs for new water knowledge that will assist in addressing the following issues for Colorado:
- Economics of ATMs, including assessments of potential public benefits (e.g. water quality), and other options for keeping water on agricultural lands and holding water rights intact.
- Management of non-native species in Upper Colorado River Basin.
- Quantification of industrial hemp water use and best management practices for hemp irrigation management.
- Best practices and tools for promoting forest health, including a state-of-the-science analysis on the impact of extreme events on forest health and watershed recovery from extreme events.
- Supply chain solutions for Ag water reductions.
Faculty awards are limited to a maximum of $50,000. The competition is open to faculty and researchers at one of Colorado’s public 4-year universities. Research must be Colorado relevant and be conducted within the state of Colorado. Research projects should begin July 1, 2020 and be completed by June 30, 2021. Faculty interested in these topics are encouraged to download the Faculty RFP (PDF | Word).